Humanities in Class Professional Development Information
We recognize that each state has different standards for teacher professional development credit. As a national organization, we cannot award continuing education credit. We will, however, provide documentation certifying your attendance, the number of hours involved, and content covered. It is up to your individual district/state to grant you credit. Please visit your state or district’s website for specific information on earning renewal or CEU credits.
Download this pre-approval form to organize your NHC professional development credits.
Humanities in Class Webinar Hours
We recommend the Humanities in Class webinars for 5 hours of professional development credit: 3.5 hours of study of primary sources and 1.5 hours of live discussion with a content expert. Participants receive a certificate of attendance once they complete a live webinar.
Humanities in Class Online Course Hours
We recommend the Humanities in Class online courses for 35 hours of professional development credit. Courses include the study of primary sources, discussion with colleagues, and the development of customized education resources.
The National Humanities Center is an approved provider in the following states and districts:
- Alaska State Department of Education
- Arizona Department of Education
- California Department of Education
- Connecticut State Department of Education
- Los Angeles Unified School District (eligible for salary points)
- Maryland State Department of Education
- Massachusetts Department of Education
- Montana Office of Public Instruction
- Nevada Department of Education
- New York State Education Department
- North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Texas Education Agency
- Virginia Department of Education
- Washington State Department of Education