Indigenous Knowledges Written by the Body: Female, Two-Spirit, and Trans Masculinities
Rockefeller Foundation Fellowship, 2018–19
Lisa Tatonetti is a professor of English at Kansas State University where she studies, teaches, and publishes on queer Indigenous literatures. She is co-editor of Sovereign Erotics, an award-winning collection of Two-Spirit creative work, and author of The Queerness of Native American Literature, which won the 2015 Thomas J. Lyons Book Award and is on the ALA 2016 Over the Rainbow Recommended Reading List. She is completing her current book manuscript, Indigenous Knowledges Written by the Body: Female, Two-Spirit, and Trans Masculinities (Minnesota UP 2020) while on a Rockefeller Fellowship at the National Humanities Center.
- Interview with Brian Bull, “For Two Spirits, An Opportunity To Reclaim Acceptance Across Indian Country,” KLCC 89.7.
- Tatonetti, Lisa. “The Indigenous Erotics of Riding Bareback, or, the West Has Always Been Queer.” Western American Literature 53, no. 1 (2018): 1-10.
- Tatonetti, Lisa. “Detecting Two-Spirit Erotics: The Fiction of Carole Lafavor.” Journal of Lesbian Studies 20, no. 3–4 (2016): 372–87.
- Tatonetti, Lisa. The Queerness of Native American Literature. Indigenous Americas. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2014. (ALA Over the Rainbow Recommended Reading List, Non-fiction Category, 2016; Winner, Thomas J. Lyons Book Award in Western American Literary and Cultural Studies, 2015; Finalist, 27th Annual Lambda Literary Awards, 2015.)
- Driskill, Qwo-Li, Daniel H. Justice, Deborah A. Miranda, and Lisa Tatonetti, eds. Sovereign Erotics: A Collection of Contemporary Two-Spirit Literature. Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 2011. (Winner, Wordcraft Circle of Native Writers and Storytellers, Pathfinder Award, 2012; Winner, Silver, Foreword Review Book of the Year Award, 2012; Finalist, 24th Annual Lambda Literary Awards, 2012; Finalist, American Library Association Over the Rainbow Book Award, 2012.)
- Tatonetti, Lisa. Foreward to Evil Dead Center: A Mystery. Ithaca, NY: Firebrand Books, 1997.
- Tatonetti, Lisa. Foreword to Along the Journey River: A Mystery. Ithaca, NY: Firebrand Books, 1996.