Kristi A. Olson (NHC Fellow, 2022–23)
Violinists, Spelunkers, and Trolleys: How Philosophers Think about Abortion
Philip L. Quinn Fellowship, 2022–23
Associate Professor of Philosophy, Bowdoin CollegeEmail
Kristi A. Olson is associate professor of philosophy at Bowdoin College where she works on applied ethics and economic justice. She has a J.D. from Duke, and an A.M. in Health Policy and a Ph.D. in Philosophy from Harvard. Prior to pursuing her Ph.D., she worked as a public interest lawyer.
- Olson, Kristi A. “A Philosopher’s Guide to Multidimensional Equality.” Philosophy Compass 17, no. 4 (2022).
- Olson, Kristi A. The Solidarity Solution: Principles for a Fair Income Distribution. New York: Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Olson, Kristi A. “Impersonal Envy and the Fair Division of Resources.” Philosophy & Public Affairs 46 (2019): 269-92.
- Olson, Kristi A. “Our Choices, Our Wage Gap?” Philosophical Topics 40 (2012): 45-61.
- Olson, Kristi A. “The Endowment Tax Puzzle.” Philosophy & Public Affairs 38 (2010): 240-71.