Bordering Chinese Eco-Literatures (1984–2014)
NEH Fellowship; Walter Hines Page Fellowship of the Research Triangle Foundation, 2017–18
- Invited Talk, Harvard University, April 6-7, 2018. “Indigenous Knowledge of Local Ecosystems in Fiction of Inner Mongolia.” For the symposium “Chinese Ecologies: An International Symposium on the Environment and Indigeneity”
- Invited Talk, Macalaster College. October 5, 2017. “Process Dynamics in Chinese Ecoliteratures: Where do I end and you (cats, stones, Tibetans) begin?”
- Visser, Robin. “Posthuman Policies for Creative, Smart, Eco-Cities? Case Studies from China.” Environment and Planning A: Economy and Space (17 April 2018): 1-20
- Visser, Robin. “Chinese Eco-Cities and Urbanization Planning: Case Studies of Tongzhou, Lingang, and Dujiangyan.” In Ghost Protocol: Development and Displacement in Global China, edited by Carlos Rojas and Ralph A. Litzinger, 36–61. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2016.
- Visser, Robin, and Jie Lu. “Contemporary Urban Fiction: Rewriting the City.” In The Columbia Companion to Modern Chinese Literature, edited by Kirk A. Denton, 345–54. New York: Columbia University Press, 2016
- Visser, Robin. “Translation of Read Paper Republic: A River Full of Glass, by Qiu Huadong.” Paper Republic, 2016. https://paper-republic.org/pubs/read/a-river-full-of-glass/.
- Visser, Robin. “Coming of Age in RMB City.” In Spectacle and the City, edited by De Jeroen, Kloet and Lena Scheen, 41–57. Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, 2013.
- Visser, Robin. “Anthropocosmic Resonance in Post-Mao Chinese Environmental Literature.” Theoretical Studies in Literature and Art《文艺理论研究》 33, no. 4 (2013): 34–44.
- Visser, Robin. Cities Surround The Countryside: Urban Aesthetics in Postsocialist China. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2010.