Poetry and Bondage: A New History of Lyric
Trustees’ Fellowship, 2018–19
Andrea is a poet, and works closely with contemporary poets in the UK and abroad. She has performed throughout the UK, Europe, Canada, the US and Lebanon, and has been invited to speak about poetry by the British Council, the BBC, the Arts Council, and the Poetry Society. Her work has been translated into eleven languages, and is the subject of a large number of critical essays. She is co-publisher of the small poetry press Barque, and founder and director of the ‘Archive of the Now’, the UK’s largest digital archive of performances by experimental poets.
- October 4, 2018: Reading at Miami University of Ohio
- October 5-7, 2018: Conference paper at &NOW 2018 & Whenever It’s Needed: A Festival of New Writing at the University of Notre Dame
- November 7-8, 2018: Rushton Lecture at the University of Virginia
- January 2-3, 2019: Keynote at the Santiago Experimental Poetry Symposium, Universidad Finis Terrae, Santiago, Chile
- January 5, 2019: Reading at Dinamarca 399, Valparaiso, Chile
- January 30-31, 2019: Reading at Eastern Michigan University
- February 13, 2019: Holloway Poetry Reading at University of California, Berkeley
- February 27-March 2, 2019: Lecture at the Centre for Humanities at the University of Pittsburgh, and poetry reading and discussion at City of Asylum
- March 7, 2019: Presenting paper on “The Music of Fetters: Thomas Wyatt and the Beginnings of English Carceral Lyric” at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Medieval-Renaissance Colloquium
- April 24, 2019: Reading and lecture at the University of Chicago
- April 26, 2019: Reading and lecture at the University of Idaho at Boise
- April 29, 2019: Conversation with Jackie Wang on experimental criticism at the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Brady, Andrea. “Drone Poetics.”New Formations 89/90 (2016): 116-36.
- Brady, Andrea. The Strong Room. London: Crater Press, 2016.
- Brady, Andrea. Cut from The Rushes. Hastings, UK: Reality Street, 2013.
- Brady, Andrea. Mutabililty: Scripts for Infancy. London: Seagull Books, 2012.
- Brady, Andrea, and Emily Butterworth. The Uses of the Future in Early Modern Europe. London: Routledge, 2009.