China in Loops
Resident Associate, 2023–24
Associate Professor of Asian Studies, Cornell UniversityEmail
Shaoling Ma is associate professor in Cornell University’s Asian studies department, and she is affiliated with Yale-NUS College, Singapore, and the National University of Singapore. She is the author of The Stone and the Wireless: Mediating China, 1861–1906 (Duke University Press, 2021).
- Ma, Shaoling. “The Farmer, the Influencer, and the Labors of Rural Self-Media.” Comparative Literature Studies Special Issue on “Redesigning Modernities” (2023). Forthcoming.
- Ma, Shaoling. “Big Earths of China: Remotely Sensing Xinjiang Along the Belt and Road.” Critical Inquiry 49, no. 1 (Autumn 2022): 77-101.
- Ma, Shaoling. The Stone and the Wireless: Mediating China, 1861-1906. Sign, Storage, Transmission. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2021.
- Ma, Shaoling. “Pauses, Cuts, and Static Interference: The Media Forms of Merger and Separation in Malaysia and Singapore.” positions: asia critique 28, no. 4 (November 2020): 841-68.
- Ma, Shaoling. “To Compare Otherwise: Dialectics and The Work of Comparison in Structural Totality.” Mediations: Journal of the Marxist Literary Group 31, no. 1 (Fall 2017).